Apple television was created to provide the most readily useful tone that your house activity system supports. Learn which sound platforms are supported on Apple television plus the setup you’ll want to play noise into the finest quality.
Audio formats supported on Apple television
Apple television 4K and Apple television HD automatically play noise when you look at the quality that is highest thatвЂ™s supported by the home theatre system setup and available with content which you view.
Should your home theatre system does not offer the audio structure that Apple TV automatically selects, you can easily manually replace the sound structure.
o to Settings movie and sound sound Format and switch on Change structure. From right right here you can easily choose the next:
- Dolby Digital 5.1: performs sound on numerous speakers and a subwoofer, just like a 5.1 presenter setup.
- Stereo: Supported sound quality for several televisions, films, and TV shows that plays sound through the right and channel that is left.
Arranged Dolby Atmos
On Apple television 4K utilizing the version that is latest of tvOS, you are able to play noise in Dolby Atmos вЂ” an immersive music that moves sound all around you in three-dimensional room.
To try out films and television shows in Dolby Atmos from your own Apple television 4K, create your property activity system for top-notch audio. Setups which you can use include:
- A couple of HomePod speakers
- A tv that supports Dolby Atmos audio
- A Dolby Atmos sound bar that is compatible
- A Dolby Atmos enabled AV Receiver
Some AV that is third-party receivers noise pubs may need a firmware upgrade to aid Dolby Atmos. Go directly to the manufacturerвЂ™s web site to get the full story.
Discover ways to setup home theatre sound with Dolby Atmos help on a single or two HomePod speakers.
Or use listed here actions to create Dolby Atmos on a compatible sound bar to your Apple TV 4K or AV Receiver:
- Be sure that you link your Apple television 4K right to the HDMI input on the sound club or AV receiver with an HDMI cable. Many televisions donвЂ™t help Dolby Atmos pass-through to appear pubs and receivers.*
- Plug one end of an HDMI cable in to the HDMI production in your noise club or AV receiver. Then plug one other end for the HDMI cable to the HDMI input on the tv.
*Some noise bars and AV receivers help Dolby Atmos, but support that is donвЂ™t platforms like HDR10 and Dolby Vision. In this instance, you are able to connect your Apple television 4K into either the noise club or AV receiver to relax and play noise in Dolby Atmos. Or perhaps you can plug your Apple television 4K to your tv to look at video clip in HDR and Dolby Vision. To complete both, you will need a tv or an AV receiver or noise club that supports both Dolby Atmos and video that is high-quality. Apple TV 4K runs on the high bandwidth type of Dolby Atmos that doesnвЂ™t work over ARC connections.
Verify that Dolby Atmos is established
In your Apple television 4K, visit Settings movie and sound and choose Audio Format. Under Immersive sound, make sure that Dolby Atmos is on. You might need to change how your home entertainment system is set up if you don’t see Immersive Audio and Dolby Atmos as an option. If you are utilizing home theatre audio with HomePod as your standard sound production, Dolby Atmos is already put up and you also will not begin to see the Immersive sound choice in Settings.
Some Dolby content that is atmos-supported show with its sound information.
- If youвЂ™re viewing content on Apple TV+: Press Menu on your own Apple television remote and appearance for .
- If youвЂ™re viewing content in the iTunes Movies software or a third-party app: Swipe down from the Touch area of the Apple television remote. Under info, seek out .
You cannot play noise in Dolby Atmos if Quick begin is switched off in Settings. To check on, head to Settings Apps iTunes Movies and television programs > Quick Start.
- Find films and shows that help Dolby Atmos into the Apple television software.
- Some films into the Apple television software might consist of sound files in alternative languages that may perhaps maybe maybe not support Dolby Atmos or surround noise also if the main language supports it.
- Then audio plays in stereo unless the content provider includes a higher-quality track if you turn on audio descriptions.
- Sound you stream from Apple television with AirPlay does not help Dolby Atmos or surround noise.
- Learn to set your Apple TV 4K to discover the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience.
Information regarding services and products perhaps not manufactured by Apple, or websites that are independent managed or tested by Apple, is supplied without suggestion or recommendation. Apple assumes no obligation pertaining to the choice, performance, or usage of third-party internet sites or items. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website precision or dependability. Contact the seller for more information.